Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's Been a While.

So I've pretty much fallen off of a cliff, gaming wise, since becoming a father for the first time. I did expect this to be honest as your time does seem to be completely consumed by the little bundle of joy and the spare time you do have, you want to spend it with them.

So, what have I been up to when I've had a few hours spare?

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

I did (note did) have an active subscription to SW:ToR and I did enjoy it when I played it. EA have improved the game with the new housing, new items and what not and if I had 3 or 4 hours a day to play it I'd still be subbed, however I'm not willing to throw £8.99 at a subscription for a couple hours a week.

  • World of Tanks

I enjoy World of Tanks quite a lot, but I have found that the constant grind does wear your down if you're not willing to throw a bunch of gold at it to help you up the hill. I've currently reached tier 8 along the American tree and must admit, I love my T29!

  • The Lord of the Rings Online

I tend to fall in and out of love with LotRO quite easily for some reason. My Fiancee and I started playing it at release and with the Lifetime sub we picked up for her you'd think I'd play it more often than I do, as I get all the good stuff and don't have to pay a sub for it. I also have 20,000 coins to blow on expansions and cosmetic items so that will keep me entertained for a good while yet hopefully.

My only reservation with LotRO is which character to spend my limited time on. I am currently exerting it on a Hobbit Warden, however I have been pondering whether or not to make a fresh char and enjoy the experience again from the start - but we'll see.

  • Others
I've also had a little dabble in a free Ultima Online shard and a free DAoC shard too, but I won't go into those as I've not put much time into them, they were for more rose-tinted reasons :)

Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment