Tuesday, September 17, 2013

World of Tanks - 85mm Kabooooomy!

Snipey, snipey

I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks of late, mainly due to my enthusiasm for the current crop of MMO's starting to dwindle but also because it's a lot of fun.

I can't think of much there's not to like about the game really, I mean who doesn't like tanks, who doesn't like massive guns on tanks and who doesn't like a great looking environment to stalk in.

It is a Free to Play game and there are usually elements of F2P games that benefit those willing to spend some real life cash on them. WoT is no different, as you are able to purchase certain Premium tanks and Ammunition, however the tanks you can purchase with in-game gold (which is bought with RL cash) are by no means the best tanks in their tier and the ammo you can buy can also be picked up with in-game currency, albeit at an inflated price so it's not as bad as you'd think.

85mm gun is superb for tier 4, 5 & 6

That being the case the only other downside I find is working your way through some of the tank lines can take a long time. Taking my current route as an example, I've just picked up a tier 5 heavy-tank (KV-1) so I'm half way to "max level" and that's taken me a good 2 months of moderate-frequent game play - and that also takes in to account that I've only been focussing on one nation's tank line (USSR). One way I've tried to assist the grind however is by spending a little gold and temporarily converting my account to Premium, thus gaining 50% extra credits and experience each battle. On the flip side you could say that this helps the games longevity.

I envisage myself playing World of Tanks for a long time, it's a great game and really easy to pick up and put down - and once you get into the mid-to-higher tiers the sounds of the tank propelling those shells across maps will keep you coming back for more - Kaaaaaboooom!

Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment