Monday, April 15, 2013

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter

Camelot Unchained Wants You!

So it has been 2 weeks since the Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained went live and at the time of writing this jibber jabber they've accrued a total of $1,157,435 in pledges from the gaming fans out there. Considering they still have 17 days left to go I don't think that's too bad at all, although my only concern is that everyone that wanted to back the game, has and the pledges are now going to plateau out - but let's hope not.

I've not followed that many Kickstarters so I don't know how common it is, but I've been really impressed with the amount of updates and how much information City State Ent. have been releasing on a daily basis. Granted they do it to make people put there hands in their pockets, but there are many KS's that don't do any where near as much.

The first update that perked my interest was #6 which showed off some concept art and modeling for the Tuatha De Danann (TDD as they're known) who look great.

Looking good.

He looks pretty mean.
I think the TDD look great. Yes you will always get those that compare them to other games they play, whether that's Lineage, Neverwinter or even WoW (yes they did...) but they don't look too cartoony and still have that menacing feel to them.

The next update that went down really well was #8 which gave us a first look at the Viking concept, and notably a female Viking.

Aren't they warm..
That armour looks great.
I could see me playing one of these.

 If I had to take a guess I'd say 90% of the backers liked this look and the other 10% either didn't or didn't see it. I was undecided at first as my first thoughts when looking at the images was not "Viking". I've since changed my mind though - with the help of Mark Jacobs and Wikipedia in regard to what these people did actually wear and look like - Wiki page.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next installment of artwork as I'm a big Arthurian fan.

The final (at the moment) piece of info that's been released which ticked another one of my boxes was in update #16 - part 2 Strech Goal. The Depths is a RvR dungeon, think of Darkness Falls in Dark Age of Camelot, but with more killing. DF was brilliant in DAoC and from listening to MJ, TD sounds as good, if not better!

I recommend you take a look at the video as you won't be dissapointed.

We just need that $800,000 and then some now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment