Friday, March 04, 2011

So I'm playing LotRO again

There, I said it. Even though I thought I'd never go back to LotRO again after a year and a bit of fun here I am. I mean don't get me wrong the game looks nice and there's lots to do, but for some reason Monster-play never really gave me the PvP hit I wanted.

I've been playing after finishing work for the past week after hijacking the girlfriends lifetime account (we paid £150 when it was released and never had/have to pay Turbine any more wonga) and bastardised it as my own, making the little Hobbit to the left. I have this thing for Hobbits as pretty much, bar a few experiments all my LotRO avatars have been of the hairy variety.

Since I left a week or so of the Mines of Moria expansion being released a lot has changed since I was last logged in. I mean for starters the game has now gone Free to Play (f2p), which I had my reservations about initially but after playing it for a little while I don't think it's too bad and Turbine seem to have implemented the micro-transaction system fairly well. Other changes would include the Mirkwood expansion too and there is soon to be another update fairly soon, which shows that the game must be making some money.

I do however think I'm only playing it because I have a 'lifetime' subbed account as I don't think I'd be willing to pay the ~10 euros a month for the right. I will add though that I do love the graphics and the LotRO setting is brilliant in places (the Shire for example) and I would tell you to go and give it a go just for that as it is free to play so what have you got to lose?

Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment