Monday, December 31, 2012

GW2 Down, Medic!

I did enjoy my Necro and all her pets ;)

After giving Guild Wars 2 a good 5 or so months of my time I've realised it isn't the game I've been looking for. For many it will be, but there were a few aspects I didn't enjoy.

  1. Graphics - Now I don't think it's a bad looking game, infact far from it but I just don't like the look of it. I had the same feeling about the original GW and that has carried over, unfortunately into this incarnation. 
  2. World vs World (vs World) - It's a mess, firstly there's pretty much no use what-so-ever for melee classes, which have to resort to using ranged weapons as if they get near the front line fight they are quickly rolled over. It tends to become an unnecessary and unwelcome zerg-fest, which I think is caused by the idiotic mechanics of Squads & Commanders where by you can't just create a large group on your own, oh no(!) instead you have to gather up a stupidly large sum of money and pay for the privilege to form a party larger than a handful.
  3. I don't like Puzzles, if I did I'd take up Sudoku. I can see why they've added it as it adds a little more thinking into the usual brain-drain that is leveling, but it annoys me and gets in the way of getting to end-game, which is why I play MMO's.
 All they needed to do was take a peak at the PvP and RvR mechanics of games like Dark Age of Camelot (pre ToA) and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and they'd have been on to a winner in my eyes.

Never say never though because as it's F2P I may jump back in at some point in the future to see how things are progressing, or not as the case may be.....but until then it's a /gw2quit

Ish 

No comments:

Post a Comment