Monday, February 13, 2012

Alt Alt Alt Alt

Crackle, crackle!
If I had to come out and say it, I’d admit to being somewhat of an altoholic – but I don’t so I won’t….

Now I don’t necessarily think this is a bad thing, infact I think it’s a good thing as it allows you to experience a wide variety of characters, classes and builds. Take my current array in SW:ToR for example, I am levelling 4 different classes at the moment, these being a Commando, Shadow, Scoundrel & my personal favourite at the moment a Sorcerer. The Sorc being my current favourite for the sole reason of it being relatively easy to pick up, and me finding it rather enjoyable, if not a little sadistic to fire lightening out of your hands and hurt people.

I agree that if you level just 1 character you’re probably going to be able to experience more of the game sooner than A N Other player who rotates between 4 different toons depending on their mood. However I feel you miss out on a lot if you just focus on 1 or 2 characters. It’s inevitable you will, eventually hit the level cap so why not test a plethora of different characters before choosing one for the long end-game haul?

Plus, if you do manage to get 2, 3 or 6 characters to the level cap, you’re going to be as valuable as Unicorn Tears to your guild, as whatever their need you will be able to deliver so yes, that raid will go ahead even though Gobby Steve hasn’t logged in tonight even though he said he would – way to go you!

I don’t actually have a character that I would call my main at the moment, instead I have my alts that I am levelling with the determining factor for which to play being how I am feeling at the time of logging in. Some lend themselves easier than others, for example I find the Sorc the easiest to play at the moment as I find myself just DoT’ing and frying stuff, however my Scoundrel can be a little more troublesome as I use lots of different abilities and also throw in some heals too.

That's why we have so many character slots afterall......

Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment